Saint Anthony College of Nursing
Saint Anthony College of Nursing is proud of its 90+ years of graduating top rated nursing students in the area. We are a small, private college that fosters close relationships between students, faculty, staff and community health care providers. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (an independent corporation founded in 1895 as one of six regional institutional accreditors in the U.S.), and is approved by the Illinois Board of Higher Education to grant baccalaureate and master’s degrees. The BSN and MSN degree programs at Saint Anthony College of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
In 2008 the college expanded to a second site at 698 Featherstone Road, Rockford, IL. The main campus is located at 5658 E. State Street, Rockford, IL.
The Mission of Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a private Catholic college, is to provide quality undergraduate and graduate nursing education. This education, grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, is provided in an environment that encourages open inquiry and lifelong learning in order to serve persons with the greatest care and love.
The college is continually striving for excellence in nursing education and integrates Christian ideals, values, and practices into a curriculum providing an education grounded in liberal arts and sciences. The environment encourages and fosters life-long learners and open inquiry in order to serve others with the greatest care and love.
Creating leaders in Nursing and Health Care Education, Practice, and Service.
- JUSTICE: Personal worth and dignity of every person we serve regardless of race, color, religion and ability to pay
- COMPASSION: Caring response to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the people we serve
- INTEGRITY: Decision-making based on Catholic ethical principles and Catholic social teachings in every activity of the system
- TEAMWORK: Collaboration with each other, with physicians, and with other providers to deliver comprehensive, integrated and quality health care
- EMPLOYEE WELL-BEING: Concern for the physical, spiritual, emotional and economic well-being of employees
- SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT: Quality work environments which focus on comprehensive, integrated quality service and opportunities for employee growth
- TRUST: Open and honest communication to foster trust relationships among ourselves and with those we serve
- STEWARDSHIP: Responsible stewardship of the financial, human and technological resources of the system
- LEADERSHIP: Leadership in the health field and in the communities we serve
- TEACHING/MENTORING: Provision of educational content in a course of study including classroom, online, laboratory, and clinical instruction, including use of different pedagogies to facilitate student critical thinking and learning.
- SCHOLARSHIP/RESEARCH: A spirit of inquiry that leads to the development and dissemination of new knowledge.
- SERVICE/PRACTICE: Activities included within the parameters of the Nurse Practice Act and extend to the maximum development and practice of the role.
Saint Anthony College of Nursing is recognized throughout Rockford and surrounding communities for its excellence in nursing education. Saint Anthony Colege of Nursing and it predecessor, Saint Anthony Medical Center School of Nursing, have been preparing students for the profession of nursing or almost 100 years.
Saint Anthony School of Nursing was established in 1915 under the auspices of The Sister of the Third Order of St. Francis of East Peoria, Illinois. Since its inception, the school has developed and grown through high quality instruction and valuable learning experiences at excellent clinical facilities, first as a diploma program and later as a degree-granting college. Throughout the years, the program has been highly respected for the professional quality and Christian characteristics of its graduates.