OSF HealthCare is fortunate to have many dedicated employees who live our culture of philanthropy every day. The culture of philanthropy is deeper than supporting a charity. It is an understanding of the impact one can make through sharing a Mission, vision, philosophy and values.
The OSF HealthCare Foundation serves to help insure the future integrity of the OSF HealthCare Mission: “In the spirit of Christ and the example of Francis of Assisi, the Mission of OSF HealthCare is to serve persons with the greatest care and love in a community that celebrates the gift of life.” We work to:
- Cultivate and maintain positive, mutually beneficial relationships with donors
- Encourage participation from volunteers and donors
- Plan and execute fundraising events
- Provide accurate appropriation and responsible stewardship of all donor gifts
- Spread awareness of OSF HealthCare Mission
Together, through philanthropy, obtain resources crucial to enhancing the OSF HealthCare Mission.
We, The Sisters of The Third Order of St. Francis believe: That led by the Spirit of the Gospels and the example of St. Francis, the special purpose of our existence as a corporation is to provide for the total well-being of those we serve.
That every person, created in the image of God and composed of body and soul, is a human being endowed with intellect and free will, completely dependent upon God for existence and destined to possess God in heavenly beatitude. Because of the dignity of the human person and his moral conscience, each person has certain God-given rights with corresponding obligations toward his Creator, his fellow man and himself.
OSF HealthCare fulfills, through a service of love and compassion, a mission of caring and peace consistent with the needs of the Church and the people served. The love of Christ permeates its work as it strives to continue the healing ministry of Christ and His Church to the total person; to be love, mercy, inspiration, tenderness and compassion to those whose lives are entered.
From this philosophy flow these values which permeate all of our endeavors:
- JUSTICE: Personal worth and dignity of every person we serve regardless of race, color, religion and ability to pay
- COMPASSION: Caring response to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the people we serve
- INTEGRITY: Decision-making based on Catholic ethical principles and Catholic social teachings in every activity of the system
- TEAMWORK: Collaboration with each other, with physicians, and with other providers to deliver comprehensive, integrated and quality health care
- EMPLOYEE WELL-BEING: Concern for the physical, spiritual, emotional and economical well-being of employees
- SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT: Quality work environments which focus on comprehensive, integrated quality service and opportunities for employee growth
- TRUST: Open and honest communication to foster trust relationships among ourselves and with those we serve
- STEWARDSHIP: Responsible stewardship of the financial, human and technological resources of the system
- LEADERSHIP: Leadership in the health field and in the communities we serve