A surgical team at OSF HealthCare Saint Francis requested a specialized 3D model to pre-plan a complex surgery on a patient whose cancer spread to his liver. The Advanced Imaging and Modeling Lab reached out to an unlikely partner for help.
Our founding Sisters of the Third Order of St Francis were pioneers who answered a call to serve. Confident that they were not alone in their efforts, they went where they were needed. Since 1877, our Sisters have embraced the evolution of medical practice and technology in order to achieve the OSF Mission—to serve with the greatest care and love in a community that celebrates the gift of life.
Care for all and courage in the face of challenge, therefore, have been hallmarks of OSF HealthCare from the beginning. It is no surprise that as health care rapidly evolves, we are responding with a pioneer spirit.
In mid-2016, the Sisters opened OSF Innovation within the Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center. This collaborative environment is a central hub where multidisciplinary teams collaborate with Mission Partners across the Ministry to generate ideas, problem-solve and create solutions to health care’s most complex problems.
As a recognized leader in the transformation of health care, OSF Innovation works with a national network of partners, leverages data to make informed decisions, invests in new technologies and devices, and employs the use of human-centered design to better understand patients. Your support of OSF Innovation helps us reach our goal of bringing quality care to all patients, even the most vulnerable.
Five main areas of focus drive our efforts:
- Next Generation Primary Care: How can OSF create new ambulatory care models that can best serve the unique needs of our patients?
- Community Health and Social Determinants of Health: How can we best serve the most disadvantaged populations where they live, work, play and pray?
- Radical Efficiency: How can OSF radically improve our efficiency across our Ministry leveraging emerging technology?
- Genomics and Precision Medicine: How can we advance the offer of genomics and precision medicine capabilities for our patients?
- Big Data and the Internet of Medical Things: How can we deliver “smart” solutions for our patients, providers, communities and mission partners?