Did you know you can set up your own fundraising event to benefit the area of your choosing? Your fundraising event will help us raise awareness of OSF HealthCare, while engaging with friends, neighbors and local businesses to support our Mission.
Event Examples Include:
- Host a birthday party and ask guests to make a donation in lieu of gifts
- Plan a garage sale, bake sale or golf outing and donate the proceeds
- Sell arts, crafts or jewelry
OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois Care Champs Program
Every year, we see kids from all over our community who give back to the kids at OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois through our Care Champs program. These donors, while just kids, have contributed to OSF Children’s Hospital by hosting their own lemonaid stand or birthday bash – a birthday party where gifts are donated back to the hospital.
Lemonaid Stand Kits Include:
- 1 Lemonaid Stand Location Information sheet
- 1 Return envelope
- 15 invitations
- 1 money box
- 50 thank you stickers
Birthday Bash Kits Include:
- 20 birthday party invitations/envelopes
- 20 donation envelopes
- 20 thank you postcards
- Birthday bash information sheet & letter
- Patient wish list
- 50 thank you stickers
How can I make sure my lemonaid stand or birthday bash is a success?
- Send invitations to your family and friends, letting them know about your fundraiser.
- Be sure to give each attendee a sticker (included in the kit) thanking them for their gift or donation. If someone wants to write a check, they can do so by making it out to Children’s Hospital of Illinois.
- Send pictures from your event to email@example.com so we can include them on our website.
- Call us at (309) 566-5666 to arrange a time to deliver your donations or presents to our office.
If you or a child you know are interested in becoming a Care Champ, please contact the Foundation office at (309) 566-5666. For more fundraising ideas, check out our fundraising toolkit.
The OSF HealthCare Foundation CAN provide:
- A gift recognition letter noting a charitable donation to the event organizer for total event proceeds
- Event ideas and success stories of other community fundraisers
- Official hospital logos
- Promotion of your event on the foundation and hospital event calendar and foundation publications, time and space permitting
The OSF HealthCare Foundation CANNOT provide:
- State Tax exemption for event related purchases
- Gift recognition letters noting a charitable donation to individual contributors unless the gift is made out directly to Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Insurance or liability coverage
- Funding or reimbursement for expenses
- Mailing list of donors or vendors
- Hospital stationary