Our new Comprehensive Cancer Center will deliver life-saving innovations and care to people in our communities, including state-of-the-art technology like proton beam therapy, currently offered at fewer than 30 locations across the country. Here patients will find personalized, faith-based care as good as any cancer care in the country, but they will be able to stay close to home and family. And by building this new center, we will elevate Peoria as a destination for world-class cancer treatment and inspire a renewed sense of community pride and economic vibrancy.
Bringing this transformative regional health resource to fruition will require extraordinary philanthropy. Together, we will raise $100 million to make this dream a reality.
A Comprehensive Cancer Center is crucial to the health of our community—and for generations to come. Downstate Illinois diagnoses 10,000 new cancer cases per year, with Peoria alone accounting for 2,000 of those. Daily in Illinois:
- 183 people will be diagnosed with cancer
- 28 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- 20 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer
- 17 people will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer
- 26 people will be diagnosed with lung cancer
- 67 people will die from cancer
These are lives that deserve to be lived.
The patients we serve with the greatest care and love need a destination cancer care center that can provide them with the complete, coordinated and cutting-edge care they cannot get now without traveling a far distance.
God’s gifts are many and he calls upon us to use them to help one another and serve our communities. So the questions we must ask are…
If not us, then who?
If not now, then when?
- Proton beam technology
- Direct collaboration among radiation oncology, medical oncology, and surgery teams
- Patient-centric care that addresses needs of body, mind, and spirit and supports the whole family
- Treatment closer to home and to patients’ much-needed support systems
- New economic opportunities, healthcare jobs and point of pride for Peoria