In the heart of Central Illinois, you’ll find OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois, whose beginnings lie with the Sisters’ compassion for youth. OSF Children’s Hospital was officially established as a pediatric hospital in 1990. Today, the hospital has 136 beds, with more than 115 pediatric specialists representing more than 40 pediatric sub-specialties. In addition, OSF Children’s Hospital is:
- The only state-designated Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center outside of Chicago
- Illinois’ only Level IV neonatal intensive care unit and Level I trauma center
- One of the Midwest’s top heart programs through the Congenital Heart Center
- Home to the only Pediatric Diabetes Resource Center in downstate Illinois
- Ranked in the top 1% of neonatal intensive care units on an international level
- Bringing the first-purpose built Almost Home Kids to Central Illinois in an effort to provide transitional and respite care to children with complex medical conditions and their families
With your support, we can change a child’s life. You don’t have to be a researcher, doctor or nurse. Your donation ensures OSF Children’s Hospital has the resources needed to help our patients get the care they need.